At Burke, we are committed to helping clients find innovative and sustainable solutions.
We value creative thinking and enthusiastic collaboration. We encourage our staff to expand their knowledge base through new challenges and continuing education.
We’re an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
If you’re ready for a career of big challenges and opportunities, Burke could be the right company for you. We’re always looking for talented people who share our values to join our team.
Current Job Openings
Christopher B. Burke Engineering, LLC has an immediate opening for a Project Engineer with a minimum of four years of experience to join our Indianapolis or South Bend, Indiana offices. We seek out experienced and responsive professionals who are committed to personal service. Qualified individuals must be self-motivated and looking to handle a multitude of various projects. Burke is a full-service civil, environmental, and water resources engineering firm that can comprehensively meet the needs of both private and public sector clients. We focus on a wide range of projects including roadway, parking lots, bike paths, parks, pedestrian facilities, utility permitting, stormwater management studies and design, floodplain analysis, permitting, and design for a variety of municipalities, counties, INDOT/LPA, and private clients.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform design and analysis for water resources and civil design projects using approved computer programs and manual computations in accordance with the accepted design practice
- Perform stormwater drainage modeling, calculations, and design
- Perform municipal stormwater reviews
- Work independently on design and production of construction plans, specifications, and cost estimates
- Prepare design calculations quantity take-offs and cost estimates
- Direct and review production of drawings by CAD technicians and junior engineers
- Work closely with other disciplines on multi-discipline projects
- Perform their own GIS work
- Attend project meetings both internally and with clients
- Assist Project Managers with project administrative activities, document controls and project scheduling
- Other assignments as needed
- B.S. or M.S. in Civil and Environmental Engineering and a minimum four years of civil design or water resources experience
- PE license or on PE track preferred
- Working knowledge and experience with state and regional stormwater regulations required
- Excellent written and oral communication skills required
- Knowledge of MicroStation/AutoCAD and Geopak (HEC-HMS, HEC-RAS, XP-SWMM, and GIS)
- Project experience working with various counties and/or local municipalities
- Valid driver’s license required
We offer high growth potential and a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, life, disability, PTO days as well as an employer matching 401(k) program.
Christopher B. Burke Engineering, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. It is the policy of Burke to provide equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, marital status, changes in marital status, pregnancy, childbirth, or medical or common conditions related to pregnancy or childbirth, parenthood, creed, veteran’s status, veteran’s disability and physical or mental disability, citizenship status or unfavorable discharge from the military. Burke intends that all matters related to recruiting, hiring, training, compensation, benefits, promotions, transfers, terminations, and layoffs and recalls, as well as all Burke-sponsored social and recreational programs, and all treatment on the job, be free of unlawful discriminatory practices.