As the on-call staff engineer, the Burke team supports Cedar Lake's town council and plan commission by providing services for development project review within the town limits that are subject to the local ordinances.
Burke staff attends coordination meetings with, and advises the town on drainage, sediment control, environmental permitting, sanitary sewer, transportation/roadway, and related infrastructure issues. Our staff also attends the plan commission meetings, providing written and verbal reports pertaining to the technical reviews of proposed projects.
In addition to this work, Burke staff:
- Performs site reviews for various departments
- Reviews drainage problems to provide suggested courses of action
- Updates town utility atlases
- Provides technical support and presentation of work for items assigned by the town council
- Provides technical support and presentation of work for items assigned by the stormwater board
- Provides site inspection services
See related projects